Who can apply for a Residency Visa ?

Any person can apply for Residency Visa, if this person wants to live in Tonga without having to apply for entry visa.


The following requirements must be met:

  1. 2 recent passport photos
  2. Proof of Tongan ancestry, former Tongan or married to a Tongan (for instance, birth certificate, marriage certificate, spouse’s Tongan Passport). However, if applicant is under 18 years of age, then a certified copy of birth certificate and proof of parent’s Tongan ancestry are required.
  3. Evidence of a sponsor declaring to furnish financial support which may include maintenance, medical, and accommodation whist residing in Tonga.
  4. USD$115.00 for eighteen years of age and over; USD$54.50 for under 18 years. Pay by Cash or money order payable to Embassy of the Kingdom of Tonga, Beijing, PRC.


In Beijing

1-3-22 Jianguomenwai Diplomatic Resident Compound
Chaoyang District
Beijing 100600
People's Republic of China
Phone: (+8610) 65327203
Fax: (+8610) 65327204

In Tonga

Mrs Telesia Kaitapu
Principal Immigration Officer Immigration Division
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Government of the Kingdom of Tonga
Phone:(676)26 970 or (676)26 969
Fax:(676)26 971 or (676)23 360

Ministry of Labour, Commerce & Industries
Government of Tonga
P.O Box 110
Phone:(676)23688 or (676)23792
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Go to top